A great way to eat your five a day.
Ready in 30 minutes Serves 2
- 100g plain flour
- 50g corn flour
- large pinch of salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 200ml ice cold sparkling Holywell Malvern Spring Water
- selection of vegetables
- oil for shallow frying
- Wash and chop a selection of vegetables into large bite sized pieces.
- Sift the plain flour, corn flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Pour in the sparkling water and whisk well to produce a light batter.
- Place a handful of vegetables in the batter.
- Heat some oil in a shallow pan or wok. When the oil is hot carefully add the first vegetable piece taking care that the oil does not spit.
- Add four more pieces and cook until golden on one side.
- Carefully turn with a slotted spoon.
- Remove when golden and drain on kitchen paper.
- Continue cookingthe vegetables in batches.
What not book a course?