A taste of Summer. Delicious topped with fresh juicy local strawberries.
Ready in 35 minutes Serves 12 to 14 scones
- 340g/12oz self raising flour
- 85g/3oz margarine
- 55g/2oz caster sugar
- 125ml/¼ pint of soya milk
- 4 tbsp plain soya yoghurt
- pinch of salt
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C.
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Rub in the margarine until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Mix the milk and yoghurt together, and stir it into the mixture.
- Mix it together, until a soft dough is formed.
- Turn onto a floured board and knead lightly.
- Roll out to an even thickness of about 2cm (¾ inch).
- Using a 5cm (2 inch cutter) cut out scones and place on a floured baking tray.
- Keep rolling and cutting until the dough is used up.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Fill with jam and cream and top with a strawberry. Enjoy!