The marzipan makes these festive mince pies extra special.
Ready in 60 minutes Serves 12
- 100g plain flour
- 100g self raising flour
- 100g margarine/Trex cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- zest of 1 lemon finely grated
- 2 -3 tbsp water
- 75g marzipan
- ½ jar mincemeat (about 250g)
- icing sugar for sifting
- Heat oven to 200°/Gas 6.
- Sift flours and caster sugar
- Add lemon zest and chopped margarine.
- Rub margarine into flour.
- Add water and mix until the dough comes together.
- Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out pastry and cut 12 rounds.
- Line a 12 hole bun tin.
- Place a small piece of marzipan in each pastry case and add a spoonful of mincemeat.
- Roll out the pastry trimmings and cut out 12 star shapes.
- Put one on each pie.
- Bake the mince pies for 15 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.