Chocolate heaven! Treat yourself to a batch of brownies!
Ready in 45 minutes Serves 16
- 150g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150g soft brown sugar
- ¾ cup soya milk
- ¼ cup sunflower oil
- ½ cup of water or cold strong black coffee
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4.
- Grease and line a brownie tin (20cm/8 inch square or 23cm/9 inch square).
- Sift and mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Take care not to over cook them, so, unlike cakes,
- you don’t want a skewer to come out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Dust with cocoa powder or icing sugar and serve.