Quinoa is packed with all the essential amino acids your body needs. Perfect for vegan vitality.
Ready in 30 minutes Serves 2
- ½ cup quinoa
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 200g smoked tofu
- ¼ tsp fresh ginger
- zest and juice of a lime
- handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil (optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Rinse the quinoa well.
- Place in a pan with a cup of water, bring to the boil, and then simmer for 10 minutes until cooked.
- Remove from heat, and leave to absorb remaining water.
- Quinoa will increase by 3 to 4 times in volume and when cooked has a light fluffy texture.
- Chop the onions and pepper.
- Chop the tofu into chunks.
- Add this to the quinoa and mix well.
- Roughly chop the fresh coriander leaves - a food processor may be used.
- Add to the quinoa mixture.
- Add the lime juice and zest, ginger and the oil.
- Season to taste and mix well.
- Chill until required.