Serve as a main or a starter for a great Christmas dinner
Ready in 90 minutes Serves 12 money bags
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 125g pearled spelt
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 175ml of local cider
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil
- Make the vegetable stock and place on a low heat.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large pan. Sauté the onion, garlic and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are browned.
- Add the spelt and stir until coated in oil, then add the cider, and cook for 5 minutes. Add a ladleful of stock and stir. Add the spinach.
- Cook on a medium heat, stirring frequently, adding more stock as required.
- When the spelt is cooked, remove the pan from the heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cool for about 30 minutes.
What not book a course?