A popular choice with roast dinner.
Ready in 60 minutes Serves 4
- 320g pack of ready rolled puff pastry (Jus Rol)
- 180/200g chestnuts, chopped
- 100g roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 75ml red wine (approx)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- soya milk to glaze
- Preheat oven to 220°/Gas 7.
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan and add the chopped onion and garlic sauté for 5 minutes and add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes. Season and allow to cool.
- Roll out the pastry, place on a greased baking tray. Cut off three 1cm strips to use for decoration.
- Spread the cooled mixture on half the pastry and fold the pastry over to cover. Seal edges brush with soya milk and decorate with pastry strips or star shapes.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden.